Tuesday, May 24, 2011

An introduction, of sorts...

Ok, I tried this blogging thing about a year ago and only posted one time!  I guess I didn't feel like anyone really wanted to hear what I had to say (and maybe they don't!) but I am giving it another try! 
Several things that you might see me blog about in coming weeks (assuming I stick with this!) is our recent adoption of our daughter, my recent lap band surgery and life in general.
Topic one - "B" our daughter!  She got feathers today!  In case you don't know what this is, it is where they put feathers in your hair.  Apparantly it is all the rage right now.  Of course she had to have some! :)  (I even went a step further and ordered a DIY hair feathering kit online!  I am going to try my hand at feathering her hair).  I have seen "old" ladies around town strutting their feathers, so it really is the hot new trend!  You won't catch me with feathers in my hair though!
Topic two - My lap band.  I was banded on May 6 and I am recovering well.  I have lost about 23 lbs so far, even though my band is empty.  I get my first adjustment on June 22 and that's when the real weight loss should start. 
I guess that's it for the first post.  We'll see if I actually post anything tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

  1. Order a kit and feather me, while you're at it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a lap-band!! Congrats on the start of a journey to the new you!

    ReplyDelete